Emotional Culture & Team Dynamics
Too many organisations don't care how their people are or should be feeling at work. Yet studies show "Emotional culture influences employee satisfaction, motivation, connection, engagement, burnout, teamwork and even ‘hard measures’ such as financial performance and absenteeism."– HBR
Hi, I'm Lauren.
I'm passionate about creating human-centered workplaces where people are highly engaged, motivated and able to perform at their best.
I'm a certified Emotional Culture Deck practitioner. I love this fantastic tool, and its power to help you define your emotional culture, increase empathy and connection, reduce conflict and improve team dynamics.
Introducing the Emotional Culture Deck
Created in New Zealand by Jeremy Dean, founder of riders&elephants, the Emotional Culture Deck has been used by over 100,000 people in 41 countries.
It's designed to help with these key challenges:
How do we help our leaders better lead our teams?
How do we improve the culture of our team - in ways that move beyond values and a superficial 'tick-the-box' exercise?
Popular Workshops to Engage Your Team
Map Your Emotional Culture - Leadership Workshop
This workshop is designed to bring your leaders together and help them create a better connection and understanding between themselves and with their people.
By playing with The Emotional Culture Deck in this workshop, we’ll nudge your leaders to:
- Explore and learn about the role emotion plays in culture, leadership and high-performing teams
- Become more empathetic and conscious of their team cultures
- Work together to define how they want to lead their people and the environment they believe they need to create for people and teams to be successful
- Establish new mechanisms and rituals that you (as their leader) can use to help your leadership team continue to develop and grow.
A Great Place to Work - Team Workshop
This workshop is designed as a hands-on interactive way for your team to co-create their desired team culture, defining what a great place to work means to them.
The objective of the workshop is for your team to discuss and define the desired emotional culture of your workplace, explore how you support each other, increase empathy, understanding and team dynamics. This workshop will help:
- Individuals understand their own and their teammates motivations, desires, needs and fears at work
- Build greater empathy for each other
- Reinforce the great cultural things that already exist within the team and environment
- Define the ways people want to feel at work and start exploring the rituals and behaviours that will support that.
There are so many ways to use the Emotional Culture Deck. From one on one executive coaching, to leadership development through to full team sessions. Once you start the journey, it can become a key part of your people strategy and a backbone of your culture.
To find out more and discuss how this could best be integrated into your organisation, let's book a time for a chat.